Thursday, May 22, 2014

Not What It Seems

I don't think things are as they seem. 

I'm talking about what God's plan is, and what you think your plan is.

I had a recent experience of this. I really didn't want something to happen because there were negative things that were going to come out of it. I didn't God knew what he was doing. As a matter of fact, I didn't God was watching over this particular situation.

God knew what he was doing.

I watched this happen - I watched God do something I did not want. Something that was only going to be negative on me. But nope, God had much more then I could possibly ever understand. I did not get it, I did not want it, I was just confused - puzzled at the work of The Lord.

Try this.

There is a curtain covering up something behind it. You don't really know what exactly is behind the curtain. You can't see behind the curtain - but you know it's something good. You go for it. You run after it and work hard - but then - something goes terribly wrong with your plan. You ask yourself, What in the world just happened? It happened so quickly and your plan crashes. It crashes, and burns. You don't know what your going to do now, but someone lifts the curtain, and you realize it was the painting of your imagination that painted a picture on the curtain - right smack dab in the middle and you were chasing that goal. You look up, and behind the curtain there is God's plan. It is so much better than yours and you have no idea what really just took place but you now knew God was in control and this plan is a whole lot better.

God answers to prayers & requests in three simple ways:

Yes, No, and "Wait, I have something better."

What are you aiming for in your life right now? Are you letting God control it? Or, are you doing the work, that is most likely going to get you something less than God's idea.

Have blind faith. Trust in Your Savior.

Are you following God's plan? Or yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment